Monday, June 9, 2008

Tasty Turkey Burgers

I made some great turkey burgers over the weekend. I had never had them before much less made them - but I keep thinking I should probably start to eat more healthy. I was a little leary that they wouldn't turn out so well. Fortunately they turned out great and very moist - from what I've heard turkey burgers can run on the dry side. My family wanted cheese on theirs but I just topped it with a slice of tomato and it was delicious!

Tasty Turkey Burgers

1 tbsp chopped green onion
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 lb ground turkey.

Mix together the first six ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix until combined. Shape into patties. Then grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F. The patties may seem pretty wet - but they will cook up just fine. Enjoy!

No comments: