6 apples - peeled, cored, & sliced
1/2 cup water
1 (18.25 oz) package white cake mix
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish
- Place apples in a large bowl
- Sprinkle sliced apples with lemon juice (enough to coat)
- Toss apples with nutmeg and cinnamon
- Add water and vanilla to apples, mix together
- Arrange apples in a layer in the bottom of baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cake mix and brown sugar. Stir in melted margarine until ingredients are thoroughly blended; mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
I served this warm with vanilla ice cream. Yummmm! It was a hit!