Monday, February 18, 2008

Awesome (and easy) Apple Crisp!!

Okay - I know it's been a while - but I"m back in the kitchen cooking again. Below is a recipe for Apple Crisp. This is the first time I have ever made anything like this - but if I do say so myself it tastes great!!! Here is the recipe

6 apples - peeled, cored, & sliced
1/2 cup water
1 (18.25 oz) package white cake mix
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
Lemon juice
1/2 cup margarine, melted

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish
  2. Place apples in a large bowl
  3. Sprinkle sliced apples with lemon juice (enough to coat)
  4. Toss apples with nutmeg and cinnamon
  5. Add water and vanilla to apples, mix together
  6. Arrange apples in a layer in the bottom of baking dish.
  7. In a medium bowl, mix together cake mix and brown sugar. Stir in melted margarine until ingredients are thoroughly blended; mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apples.
  8. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.

I served this warm with vanilla ice cream. Yummmm! It was a hit!

No comments: