Sunday, April 13, 2008

Random Thoughts Recipe Exchange


Random Recipes
There is no theme this week for Pam's Recipe Exchange - she said to pick your favorite recipe. So I am posting one of my favorite meals that I make - Shrimp Scampi. It goes fast around here, so I guess you could call it a family favorite. One the main ingredients is shrimp, so I only make when I can splurge. Needless to say it's been awhile since I made it.

1 lb vermicelli pasta
1/4 cup butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup three cheese bread crumbs
1/2 cup white wine
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta and set aside. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add most of the garlic, keeping some for later. Coat the garlic completely with butter. Do not let garlic brown. Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Remove from heat. Sprinkle shrimp with breadcrumbs (enough to coat shrimp) and transfer mixture to a medium casserole dish. Pour wine and the lemon juice over the shrimp. Cover and base for 15 minutes. Remove cover and base an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked to a pink color.

NOTE: If you have children in school that sells Market Day, the uncooked shrimp from there is great. It comes peeled, tail off, and deveined. In addition, they are good size shrimp.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh I like shrimp so I think I will enjoy making this! Thank you so much for playing along and posting this fabulous recipe!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great way to serve shrimp!